Philosophy of Education
“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” 1 Corinthians 13:2 1 Corinthians 13:2 portrays how knowledge is good, but without Godly character, it is nothing. We desire our students to not only learn information, but to become students who love to learn. We believe that Christians should be the best thinkers in society because of the nature of the relationship we have with the God of all Truth. We place a high standard on learning as students developmentally grow through our Christian education programs.
- Children, in their early years, are like seeds that the family, the church, and the school must love and nurture while they have tender hearts and are forming their values.
- Cornerstone Christian School is an extension of the God-ordained authority of the homes. We work in partnership with the Christian parents, who is the child’s primary educator.
- While CCS pursues academic excellence, first and foremost we pursue development of Christ-like attitudes and Christian character.
- God created and values each child, and entrusts them to us as a gift.
- The concept of readiness forms the foundation of excellent education. Many forces in our society hurry children to become adult-like at an early age. CCS helps students perform at their maximum potential, but takes care not to create undue stress in a child’s life.
- Children learn best by doing and experiencing things which interest them.
- In order to ensure a positive learning environment, the staff at CCS administers firm yet loving discipline.
- CCS hires Christians for administrative positions, teaching positions and support staff.
- CCS integrates Biblical principles in all areas of policy making, administration, and teaching and undergirds each area with prayer.
- Parents and staff and staff model Christ-like relationships for students by following the principles described in Matthew 18 in resolving differences.
- CCS endeavors to glorify the Lord, bring credit to His ministry and to conduct enjoyable and profitable learning experiences.
- CCS supports the development, advancement and cooperation of all types of faith-based education.